Questions to Ask About a Dating Partner
2. Is this person glad that you have other friends?
3. Does this person ask for your opinion about things?
4. Does this person have good relationships with his/her family and friends?
5. Does this person both talk and listen?
6. Do you consider this person a friend?
7. Do you "act like yourself" when you are with this person?
8. Does this person have other interests besides you?
9. Does this person want to know every detail about where you've been and who you've been with when you're not together?
10. Does this person lose his/her temper easily?
11. Does this person get angry or hurt if you don't pay enough attention to her/him?
12. Have you ever seen this person throw, hit or break things when angry?
13. Is this person jealous of your friends and relatives?
14. Does this person use drugs or alcohol?
15. Does this person seem to have trouble controlling his/her anger?
If you have answered "Yes" to some or all of these questions you may want to talk with a trusted friend or adult about your dating relationship. You could be in a potentially dangerous situation.
Once you've "tested" your dating partner, try answering these questions in relationship to your own behaviors with a dating partner. Are there a lot of "Yes" answers? Once again, please think about talking with a trusted friend or adult. It could be a life-changing experience.
The Clothesline Project
Breaking the Silence/Ending the Violence - It's Everyone's Responsibility